Birth is always a transforming event in a parent’s life and the birth of my child was nothing less than a miracle. A week prior to labor, I gathered up my Young Living products and essential oils. I knew I needed to be organized for my husband and doula to find what I may request during labor. So I used THIS travel bag to store all my supplies for the Ultimate Newborn Kit.
The first oil I added to my kit was Peppermint which I used throughout my entire pregnancy. Peppermint Vitality was much-needed to support normal digestion and if I had that yucky pregnancy taste in my mouth, I would add a drop to some water to drink. It was such a relief to have something that helped and I knew was safe for me and the baby!
I also wanted a slew of relaxing and calming oils – not only for me, but also for the baby. These included:
- Peace & Calming
- Gentle Baby
- Trauma Life
Additionally, I packed two rollers:
- One roller to apply to my ankles, toes, fingers, stomach, and spine during birth (I also wore it as a perfume after birth because it smelt heavenly!): 10ml bottle with 10 drops Helichrysum, 20 drops Clary Sage, 10 drops Ylang Ylang, 2 drops Peppermint. The rest of the bottle was filled with V-6 Carrier Oil.
- Another roller to apply to my stomach after birth: 10ml bottle with 25 drops Geranium, 20 drops Lavender, 15 drops Jasmine. The rest of the bottle was filled with V-6 Carrier Oil.
To add to my kit, I made two tiny jars:
- One as an Anointing Oil for the Baby – which we used in prayer as we applied it to her head. We also used it on her umbilical chord and her tushy during diaper changes! For this, I filled the jar with Rose Ointment and added 1 drop each of Lavender, Frankincense, and Myrhh (hey…if it was good enough to have at Jesus’ birth, I wanted it at my baby’s birth!). I used a toothpick to stir the oils into the ointment.
- I also made a Nipple Ointment using the same Rose Ointment but adding 2 drops each of Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh, and Gentle Baby.
When labor was already initiated, Clary Sage and Jasmine were the two oils I used the most to calm my senses and encourage normal flow of the birthing process. I drank Ningxia Red diluted in my water bottle throughout my labor. And my doula applied a couple drops of En-R-Gee to the crown of my head as I was pushing the baby.
For the days after birth I used:
- Home Diffuser running with Thieves Essential Oil.
- Lavaderm and Claraderm to spray on my skin and after a peri-wash.
- Progessence Plus to wear as a perfume. This serum makes me feel great! I didn’t need it during pregnancy. But after pregnancy, it is an important blend to use daily. I applied it to my wrists, neck, and forehead.
- Tender Tush in case the baby needed something nourishing massaged on her bum!
- Fennel Essential Oil I rubbed under my neck within 24 hours after birth to support normal milk production.
- Thieves Cough Drops, Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, Thieves Mouthwash, Thieves Toothpaste (since we were in the hospital, I wanted to use a LOT of Thieves!)