16 oz raw cashews
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
3 sprigs fresh rosemary (leaves removed)
The zest of 1 lemon
4 drops Rosemary Vitality essential oil
2 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
1/4 tsp course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and roast for about 8-10 minutes until warm and lightly golden.
- While the nuts are roasting, warm the olive oil, fresh rosemary, and lemon zest in a small skillet over medium heat until it begins to sizzle and smell fragrant. Add the roasted cashews and stir to coat completely.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rosemary oil, lemon oil, and salt. Serve warm.
8 ounces (about 1 cup) baking soda
4 ounces (1/2 cup) citric acid
4 ounces (1/2 cup) epsom salt
4 ounces (3/4 cup) cornstarch
2 TBSP grapeseed oil (but you can use any liquid oil)
2 tsp water (plus a little more if needed)
10 drops of your favorite relaxing oil
- Mix grapeseed oil and essential oil into baking soda and stir well.
- Add other dry ingredients: salt, citric acid, and cornstarch. Mix well until combined.
- Add essential oils and spritz water on the mixture very slowly. I recommend using a spray bottle with additional liquid to evenly add.
- Mix well with hands. Do this until mixture will just hold together when squeezed without crumbling. You may need to add slightly more or less water if it hasn’t achieved this consistency yet.
- Quickly push mixture into molds, greased muffin tins, or any other greased container. Press in firmly and leave at least 24 hours (48 is better) or until hardened. It will expand some and this is normal. You can push it down into the mold several times while it is drying to keep it from expanding too much.
- When dry, remove and store in airtight container or bag. Use within 2 weeks.